That’s gotta be my new motto for this year. Seriously. If it IS broke, seek repair right away instead of just trying to accept it. If you mess it up.. it’s on YOU.
Thus was Dutchie over the last week. When I first got him, he ran ok. Even though there were some assembly issues. Like how parts of the wheel were already assembled and I got confused when I went to put it together myself. Like how the drive axle didn’t go all the way in the hub and I couldn’t apply one spacer. And how a month or two down the line I’d realize I’d NEED that thing, but had lost it. And THEN, how when I got a replacement, I really had a problem getting the drive axle all the way in and couldn’t get it OUT.
If you want a closer look, just click the photo and you’ll see a bunch of related pics.
I finally managed to get everything to work as reasonably as I can expect, given that one of the screw-holes isn’t deep enough and I have to keep tightening the damn thing.
It doesn’t look quite like that picture, but then I pulled the silk threads out because I knew they’d get on my nerves they way they were seemingly just smashed in there. BUT I will card the threads with some other fiber I plan to spin to ply with them. Why? Because look :
One bobbin has more on it than the other. I could navajo ply but it’s only 3 ounces. I’m gonna have to add a third ply in for a 3-ply without losing yardage. I chose a few colors of the Cotswold I got a while back:
So hopefully I’ll be able to make some sense of all this.
As for knitting:
One down, one on the needles. In fact, I’m almost ready for the heel. If I ever make this sock again(and I probably will) I’ll take out the cables on the sides.. It makes the sock bulkier than I’d like and I wonder if I’ll be able to get my feet in sneakers or shoes come winter, with these on. All in all, an easy and fairly quick knit.
Stay tuned for more knitting, spinning and Oh yes! sewing! 🙂