Handspun socks galore! You can see the heel is a little wonky in this picture. I don’t know WHAT it is that I keep getting that! I’ve tried several different heel types(cuff down AND toe-up) and I always have this problem. I’m about to put an afterthought heel in this second one and see how that goes. I’ve never done afterthought heels before, so this should be a fun learning experience.
I’ve no progress pics of Kiri, but rest assured she is being worked on and is growing smoothly. I put a lifeline in every time I reach the end of row 2 of the pattern. Funny how I haven’t had to rip back to the line yet, but were I to have NOT used one, I’d be ripping all the way to the beginning! I’m using store-bought markers to set off the center stitch; I think I might switch them out for some homemade ones.
I’m a little heartbroken. Seems I don’t have any yarn in my stash that would be the same gauge as the yarn needed for Zippy. So, I’ve returned to my old standby, the Incredible Top-Down Raglan for help with making littlest Beanlet a sweater. But in the spirit of Reduce, Reuse, Recycle I’m going to use the yarn from the failed Picovoli to make it.
Back to the drawing board!